Urology Expert Forum
sore on my pee hole
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

sore on my pee hole

Hello, I have this sore right near my pee hole.  I have not been sexually active for over 8 years now. I am not sure if it is from exercising and the rubbing against my clothes.  It is very odd.  Can I actually carry an STD for 8 years and not have any symptoms until now?  I do remember it itching first and now I have a sore.  I would hate to have to go to the doctor to tell me that it is nothing.  The sore is like a paper cut right on the end of my pee hole.  Please help.
Related Discussions
233190_tn?1278553401
Ruling out infection should be the first thing done.  A urinalysis should be done to evaluate for STDs like gonorrhea and chlamydia, as well as urethritis.

If you are a male, a rectal exam can be done to rule out prostate infection or inflammation.

If the symptoms continue, a cystoscopy can be considered to evaluate for anatomical abnormalities - like a urethral stricture or polyp.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician, or in conjunction with a urologist.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
2 Comments
Blank
Blank
hii, my vaginas itchy& when i pee it stings like a paper cut but i think it may be because i was on vacation at the beach and the salt water made my bikini rub against it and it feels as if i have a slightly small cut in that area this just started accuring for the first time this week while on vacation any ideas on how i can get it to stop itching? i havent tried dusching yet do you think that would help any? if not what would? please help-
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank