Urology Community
sore penis after peeing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

sore penis after peeing

Hello,I have posted a question in the Sexual Health section,but since I posted the question all tests have come back negative.I am waiting to see a STD doctor who specialise in genital skin issues.

But before my visit can anyone offer any advice please...

The glands of my penis are sore and sometimes red.I notice when I pee the pain increases when urine makes contact with the sore areas.They is no burning or pain when I pee.I have had this main problem since last Dec.Like I said every test which can be done,has been done.

Must add,when I wake up in the morning,there is little or no pain,until I start to pee.The colour of the urine is never dark yellow(dehydrated).

I hope the doctor I see next month can help.

In the mean time,can anyone help please

Thank you,Fred
It could be a dermatitis, fungus, etc (redness).
I don't think it's nothing that serious. But since I'm not a doctor you better wait for yours.

Good luck. ;)

Hello Zillian,and thank you for your reply.I have used various fungul creams,but they burn after a few days of use.I hope it it dermantitis,problems then solved I hope.

Can I ask,is there any creams/drugs I can buy over the counter which might help until I see the doctor?.

Avatar_dr_f_tn

Where are the lesions located?

Do they affect the entire shaft of the penis or do they involve the glans (glands) or head only?

Differentials for your condition are contact dermatitis, an allergic reaction and balanitis. Balanitis is primarily caused by a fungal or yeast infection. I suggest that you avoid applying anything on the lesions until a proper assessment has been done. If this is an eczema or allergic reaction some topical creams may irritate the skin further. The skin of the genitalia is far more sensitive than other areas in the body. For the meantime, wash the area with a mild and bland soap. Keep the area clean and dry always.

I suggest that aside from a urologic consult, a dermatologic assessment may help.
Hi Vanessa,
The redness/soreness in located on the head of the penis.The soreness location on the penis various fom day to day .Could be underneath by the Frenulum or on top,really bad days all over.
The skin sometimes looks very pale and white,sometimes wrinkly,and on the odd occasions it seems to be a little sticky.

I have tried various creams,all of them make it worse.All I use at present is  Aqueous Cream to clean my penis.

The doctor I'm due to see next month deals with skin infections,so hopefully she will be able to offer some advice which will help.

Is there anything else that I can do to help??.

Thank you for taking the time to help.Cheers ,Fred

Hi ,I have received a new date for my appointment,its next week now,so some good news.

Can anyone offer any suggestions what this could be please.