Urology Expert Forum
spermatocele or cyst on spermatic cord (vas diferens)
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

spermatocele or cyst on spermatic cord (vas diferens)

Posted by Phil Flint on April 15, 1999 at 10:38:59
Two years ago I was run over by a car and suffered various injuries, the most significant being a massive liver laceration - I was, of course, in the hostpital for over a month, and spent another 2 weeks or so gaining strength enough to walk and what not in a rehabilitative pavillion.  I am, as far as I can tell, fully recovered. I mention this only in case it would complicate things.
About 4 months ago, I noticed a small, pea-sized knot on the upper portion of my left spermatic cord close to the groin.  It is hard, though not painful.  I do experience some frequency in urination & urgency.  I was told by our family doctor that it was most likely a spermatocele and not to worry.  What is disconcerting is that there is now a slightly smaller knot directly below it, also on the spermatic cord. Could this be testicular cancer or a urinary tract infection of some sort?

Posted by HFHS M.D.-AK on April 16, 1999 at 14:48:16
Dear Phil,
It is difficult to comment on this mass because I don