Urology Community
std or prostate cancer
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

std or prostate cancer

the last three times i had sex i noticed blood discharge with my semen, at first i thought it was the girl i was sleeping with, but i had sex with three different girls, i tried pleasuring myself to see if any blood would discharge, but nothing, just semen. I fear that its an std or even worse prostate cancer.

can anyone help me??
Related Discussions
Hi,

You will need to have a prostate infection and inflammation ruled out. This can be done through a urinalysis, preferably from a sample collected just after ejaculation. This is to identify the organism causing the infection and may be followed by a culture sensitivity test to determine which antibiotic the organism is sensitive to. A prostate ultrasound (done rectally) will give an idea of the state of the gland and whether it is enlarged.

All STDs will need to be tested for as well as there are some organisms, such as chlamydia and mycoplasma, that are not picked up on routine urinalysis or culture.

Antibiotic therapy is prescribed for long durations in prostate infections in view of the poor permeability of the prostate gland to antibiotics. The course will be for about 15-21 days and may even be for a few weeks.

Ensure that you keep your fluid intake over 2000 ml per day and avoid irritants, such as caffeine, alcohol, and spicy foods. Also avoid sitting for long periods of time or on surfaces that are not well padded.

If you do indulge in intercourse during the period of treatment, ensure that you practise safe sex (condoms) so as to not infect or be infected by your partner.

Do keep us posted on your doubts and progress.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...