Urology Community
strep in urine

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

strep in urine

what is strep in the urine & what causes it & how do you treat it?
Welcome to the forum. I am really glad to help you out.Streptococci in urine indicates a urinary tract infection by tis bacteria. This needs to be treated with the help of antibiotics. The antibiotics are decided based on the urine culture report. For the same, you need to consult a physician/urologist. Drinking plenty of fluids is as important as taking antibiotics as that helps in flushing out the bacteria from the body. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.
Avatar n tn
After taking 10 ten days of macro bid, the urine culture still showed a trace of strep in my urine. The urologist felt I was better off without antibiotics. Is it possible for the strep to go away just from flushing it out with plenty of water? Is there a vaginal cream that can clear it up? I feel hit in the vaginal area.
Avatar n tn
After taking 10 ten days of macro bid, the urine culture still showed a trace of strep in my urine. The urologist felt I was better off without antibiotics. Is it possible for the strep to go away just from flushing it out with plenty of water? Is there a vaginal cream that can clear it up? I feel heat in the vaginal area. Strep is a bacteria that concerns me.