Urology Community
stretched bladder

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

stretched bladder

i had 3 liters of urine taken out of my bladder with a cathier, i need to know what kind of damage may of been done to my bladder.  I have an enlarged prostate, that i have been taking flomax to treat.
if you get more answers id like to know to. for almost four months, i have had a foley cath.only had it out one day, had three utis, and one yeast infection. everyday has been painfull for me, icant sit long, i feel cut up and raw inside..they took alittle more than three liters out of me. i thought i had the flu, i was in kidney failure, all my blood cell counts were bad, the hospital and all drs i see, say, they never seen that much urin in a female.im 46 never really felt like i emptied my bladder, went to half doezen urologist, had lots of tests, no answers so far, no reason why, etc.. you are the firs person sounds close to my situation...they want to put a cath, in my stomache vs private parts. subpubic i believe they called it, they said it was my only choice...i read alot on this, info i found said they have meds to help with me to urinate, maybe self cath. but this dr never gave me any choices, but i had a blockage they said, thats why it was so hard to put the foley in ..in four months i have had . four cath.  and testing days, they would take it out, put it in take it out. i screamed in pain, they refuse to help  with pain meds, though hospital gave me some.i did have some relief. this is too much, pain, is so awfull. now last nite, had bad urge to go, and urinated my pants real bad. even though i had the foley cath. in.....this feels like it has ended my life, cant work, can t walk well, lost 50 lbs. ...i hope i can just have them take this out, me be able to urinate on my own, with occasional self cath, to make sure empty...but all i have run into at ONe dr office not others, is rude nurses, actually yelling at me when i would cry and shake and screams come out ,and i am not a loud person....the nasty nurse, just said oh it does not hurt stop that, i feel like i am cut in half. i t was bad...they told me , because the bladder on me was so stretched, i may not ever pee on my own again, but last nite i did ..god that hurt. while on a foley. i called er, and my dr. they say no worries, its normal... i never heard of it...but good luck to you. sandy