stuck kidney stone?
About 3 months ago I was told I had a kidney stone that was about 5mm in size. I was given pain meds and flomax, however I never passed the stone. Recently my stones started acting up again and I was told to go to a Urologist to have them taken out. Well I cant get into the Urologist for 3 weeks and I have been suffering with extreme pain for 4 days now. The problem is that it has quit hurting in my back and side, and only hurts in my lower left abdomine now. This pain mainly appears late at night waking me several times. The lortab the Dr prescribed doesnt affect it as much now and I am wondering if I could have an infection because it is a different but equally extreme pain...or, could it have passed and got stuck further down? I am calling another Dr that might get me in sooner.

This discussion is related to stones stuck in urethea tube.
It is possible that you have an infection but it also could be that it moved a little.  It is also possible that it is pushing on a nerve causing a sensation other than where it is.  I have had half a dozen stones in the last year or so.  I was able to pass all but the last one.  It finally got to the point where I told the doctor I was ready for her to take it out.  I am so glad I did.  I would definitely do what I could to get this taken care of ASAP if I were you.
Kidney stones are mega painful!!!