Urology Community
sudden bruising to balls

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

sudden bruising to balls

while working in the yard, my husband suffered sudden pain in his balls. He said it felt like a muscle spasm at first, but the pain did not go away. Now, his balls look very dark purple like they are bruised, although he did not hit them on anything. Any idea what would cause this???
Avatar_dr_m_tn
I cannot confirm without examination,but it can be due to testicular torsion.It is a medical emergency and immediate medical intervention is needed. In testicular torsion the spermatic cord that provides the blood supply to a testicle is twisted, cutting off the blood supply, often causing orchialgia.It can cause sudden scrotal swelling,pain and darkening of the skin of testicles.

I would suggest a urologist’s evaluation to confirm the diagnosis.color Doppler of the genitalia may be done.

I hope it helps.Take care and regards.