sweet smelling urine

hi
       I am a 29 year old female and have noticed lately that mid-morning when I urinate, my urine smells real sweet. I have not eaten breakfast and tried to eat breakfast, but it does not seem to matter. Usually, when I urinate the first time of the day, it does not smell sweet, but the second and maybe third time is when I notice this. What is going On? I would appreciate your answer and opinion on this. I am 5"7 and 127 lbs. My glucose levels have been normal. Any suggestions?
                                      Susan
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Susan
Thanks for your question.
Nothing bad comes to mind if your serum glucoses have been normal. Fasting can make the have higher ketone levels which have a fruity smell but does not seem to matter. You may want to get a urinalysis to check for an asymptomatic infection.  
More individualized care is available at the Henry Ford Hospital and its urban campuses by calling  (1 800 653 6568). We can also arrange local accommodations through this number if this is your need. Please bring any physicians
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Urologists in your area?