swelling and pain after hydrocelectomy
I have a hydrocelectomy procedure done for almost 2 weeks. During the first 3 days after the procedure everything
was doing fine with me. Then after several days, I feel pain, discomfort and hard lump is building up in my right scrotum where
the hydrocele was remove. My question is, is it normal that a hard lump is building up? What causes this hard or firm swelling? By the way I'm 70 years old.
     How are you? A hydrocele usually appears as a soft swelling in the membrane surrounding the testes. Generally, surgical repair of a hydrocele will eliminate the hydrocele and prevent recurrence. In adults, surgery is used to remove large or painful hydroceles. Surgery usually corrects the hydrocele and the underlying defect completely; recurrence is rare. The long-term outlook is excellent.

There may be swelling of the scrotum for up to a month. The patient is able to resume most activities within seven to 10 days, although heavy lifting and sexual activities may be delayed for up to six weeks. However if prolonged swelling, fever, or redness in  the incision area should be reported to the surgeon immediately.
Best.