Urology Community
swelling in my left testicle

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

swelling in my left testicle

hi! i'm a 19yr old guy. recently i have noticed that my left testicle has swollen (when i tried to analyze it myself i found some kind of a growth around the testicle). this does not hurt at all but only when i touch it. somehow i did not notice it growing n just noticed it yesterday. i'm really worried. can someone help me out here. its really embarrassing to tell ma parents about it. was thinking i'll wait a few days n see if it subsides by itself. can anyone tell me what it could be? is it a cyst or cancer or any other possibilities? pls! help!
This can be due to many causes. The first possibility is any hydrocele or varicocele.  It can also be epididymitis or orchitis.In cases of hernia, a prominent bulge along with testicular pain is there and in cases of kidney or ureteric stones, pain during micturition may also be there.

You can provide support to the scrotum by wearing an athletic supporter, apply ice to the scrotum, take warm baths if there are signs of inflammation, while lying down, place a rolled towel under your scrotum or try over-the-counter pain relievers, like acetaminophen or ibuprofen.

If the symptoms persist then please consult a urologist.
I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and regards.
Hi Bhupinder Kaur,

First of all i really appreciate the help.

The growth feels like it is attached to the testicle (it feels like a chord connected to the testicle) and there is also swelling in the testicle. This seams to be the case only in the left testicle. The right testicle appears to be normal or a little smaller i really don't know (and it does not hurt at all). Could this be due to low intake of water? I don't know if it has anything to do with the swelling but the my urine color was dark yellow. I will tell my parents soon about it and contact a urologist but this will take a few days as i have my exams going on. In the mean while i would really appreciate it if you could give me some more info. Thanks a lot for your help, support and care. i really appreciate it.
For such kind of growths, the possibilities of epididymal cyst or spermatocele have to be ruled out. Spermatocele is a retention cyst of a tubule and is benign in nature. Usually they are left as such if not causing any symptom, but if they are causing pain, then they have to be removed. Surgery is the only mode of treatment for which I would suggest you to consult a urologist.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

I'm much better now. i will contact a urologist as soon as my exams get over. i will not be content till i know what exactly it is. thanks once again for the great help and support.
Hi this is kind of weird but i am also 19 years old and my Tube it feels like to my left ball/scrotum w.e u wanna call it is swollen and hurts when i move it or touch it. basically all symptoms of this mans question im kinda worried