Urology Community
swelling of penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

swelling of penis

It started with pain, redness, and swelling in the groin area, no other symptoms. The following day after seeing a Doc I started taking antibiotics. The next morning I found a tick on my penis, just under the head, I pulled it off by hand. later that day I noticed some swelling and by the next morning or 3rd day the top half of my penis was swollen greatly and I have pain in my groin area on both sides. How do I relieve the swelling and what is the cause. I do not have any pain while urinating, just constant itching and pressure from the swelling.
From your symptoms it can be due to the tick bite. Apply some calamine lotion on the swelling as it helps in soothing the skin. Also wear cotton undergarments. Application of mild corticosteroid cream and oral antiinflammatories like ibuprofen/acetaminophen are also helpful. Take some antihistaminic like Benadryl or Claritin for the itching. If the symptoms are severe then it will be best to consult a doctor and also get tested for Lyme’s disease/ tick bite fever.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.