Urology Expert Forum
swelling on the upper side of the penis, have pain on movement .

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Last week, as soon as i woke up in the morning,i felt like masterbating (masturbating) which i did by lying down on my blanket. But as soon as  i came i held my penis with my hand to stop the flow of the semen and went and discharged the semen in the toilet.Just seconds after this i saw my penis swollen up from the top and the bottom side,I dont know wheter the swelling is because of masterbating (masturbating) or was it already there when i woke up. There was pain also but after 2-3 days the swelling was shrinking and had become soft and the pain was also getting less but again it appeared last night and the swelling became a little bit harder. The swelling is like a lump on the top part of the penis where the penis statrs from the body and also i think there is a swollen vein or something like a hard wire preceding it which also pains on touching or any movement of the penis. there is a sliht swelling on the other side of the penis also. Its making me worried, i havnt been to a dcotor thinking that it will get better.

Looking forward for your help.
thank you
Difficult to say without evaluation.  You can consider being evaluated for a UTI or STD.  Urine tests like a urinalysis as well as tests for gonorrohea and chlamydia can be considered.  

Penile vein thrombosis can also result in a swollen vein.  If this is the case, it can be conservatively treated with aspirin or anti-inflammatories.  Further evaluation can be made with an ultrasound of the affected area.  

I would obtain an evaluation by a urologist for a more definitive diagnosis.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
http://www.straightfromthedoc.com