Urology Community
swollen between scrotum and anus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

swollen between scrotum and anus

i have a swollen bump between scrotum and anus showed up about 5 days ago.  it seem to get large over the last 5 days. this last day it's become some what painfull and gotten larger. it is now 1 1/2 inches long almost from the scrotum to the anus. it seem between 1/4 to 1/2 inch wide. it's Friday and I cannot get to the doctor till monday at the earlist. part of the problem with getting to the doctor is I am unemployed and uninsured.  What could this be ?
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the lump. Possibilities that may need to be considered include infections, folliculitis, cyst, abscess etc. With the description, this has a high chance of being an abscess, which would need to be surgically drained by a doctor for appropriate treatment. It would be best to have this evaluated by a doctor at your earliest convenience for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Thank you for the reply, I saw several comment from other people that had something that sounded similar and they were thinking they had some kind of fungist infection. is that a posibility? thanks again.