Urology Community
swollen veins

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

swollen veins

ok so here it is about 5 months ago im pretty sure i developed penile phlebitis all the usual symptoms it seems, the pain and dicomfort has mostly gone away the problem now is both my deep dorsal vein (big one in the center) and a smaller one just to the right of it are still much larger than before they constantly seem stretched out and swollen, as well my penis now bends and twists to the left (only when flacid my erection is still staight) it seems to me that its caused by the larger vein on the right side is causeing it to twist from the pressure. so i've seem a urologist and he says everything is fine phsically but if i want he can remove the main vein for cosmetic perposes but sugested i only remove the one. so my question is what can go wrong if i want both veins removed? Are there any cases u know of where any thing went wrong because of that surgery?  Will it cause my erections to get stronger considering theres no big loose vein for the blood to drain from, or is there a chance it could made them less or just the same? any info u can give me would be much apprciated thanks!
i have a similar problem with u. have u removed the veins or finaly they dissapeared theirselves?? i have this for 4 months now..
no i ve just learned to deal with it but its still uncomfortable and i still might go through with getting them removed, I just dont want to take any chances its scary ****! what about you what have you done? has yours gotten better? what r ur symptoms?
What do your doctors say is the biggest concern?  Plaque buildup or that more Veins will take over?  My doctors won't even concider trying to remove; Although I am going to try visiting the Mayo clinic to see a specialist; there must be a doctor that knows of older cases.

Also, Mine hurts every day, all day.  Is this how your guys pain was in the beginning?
Went to Mayo Clinic, after many tests Im shown clear of any infections.  They tell me to come back in a few months, if pain is causing me issues in my life then they will go ahead with removal.

On a positive note I am doing much much better.  Pain is there from time to time yet but I am able to continue with daily activity.  If I worry or am stressed at work the pain increases.