Urology Community
testical pain after hernia surgery

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

testical pain after hernia surgery

I had inugural hernia surgery on left side 3 weeks ago, since then i have had increased pain in left testical along with swallen veins or cord in sac ,is this normal, or sign of further problem.
Avatar_dr_f_tn

Pain in the scrotum following an inguinal hernia repair may persist anywhere between 3 months to 1 year after the surgery.

Swelling in the scrotum following surgery should resolve within a few weeks, but if it persists, you need further medical attention.

Pain in the scrotum following an inguinal hernia repair can be alleviated by wearing close-fitting underwear (do not wear shorts) and avoiding physical exertion that strains the abdominal muscles.

If you have a persistent cough, that could also cause complications that manifest as pain and swelling in the scrotum, post-surgery.

Try reducing physical activity and elevate your lower limbs and scrotum (by ensuring that the lower part of your body is resting on pillows or cushions while you are lying down) to see if the pain and swelling subside.

If the pain increases or persists over the next 24-48 hours, please call your surgeon for further guidance.

Do keep us posted on your doubts and progress
regards
I went back to my surgeon on the same day as posting my question, he seemed very unconcerned.My worry is I am to return to work in one week I work in constrution heavy lifting and climbing ladders and scaffolding are everyday routine.Now that I am having this problem with the swallen and pain in the scrotum and testical

area of the hernia repair indicate more hrealing time is needed ,or at least to go back to work on light duty.I am serealously looking into at least getting a second oppinion.What do you think?By the way I am 52 yrs. old no spring chicken.
I have an appointment in about one week with a different surgeon.I hope there is some way to releive the pain and burning that i am experiecing since my hernia surgery.I do not want to live on pain pills the rest of my life.Please let me know if you have any suggestions, or is there a hernia speacialist doctor or is this always done by general surgeons? any help would be apprciated.lilbob
# 1.  Is it possible to get a  testical hernia from continually coughing to hard every day and being allergic to five cats?  # 2.. I just had surgery two days ago and I am starting to cough again, can there be repercussions? my friend does not believe that a cough can cause a hernia much less from having cats around.  Won't give up cats..
072832 - you can get a hernia from coughing, that's how my husband got his. The weakness in the tissue might be there from the get go, but anything like coughing or sneezing or lifting can cause the actual tear.

Have you tried seeing an allergist?

I have my inguinal hernia surgery on left side 10 days back. Since that day I started feeling itchy on scrotum. After 3 days the skin on my scrotum started piling off. Left side was healed instantly but on the right side where actually i felt it for the first time is still exist. Its really tough to walk and seating as the burning sensation is really unbearable
My doctor advice me to use betnovate c. but no result
I got operation on 11/30/2011 for multiple inguinal hernia. Bilateral scope surgery. I had this hernia for over 15 years. As of right now I feel tenderness and throbing in my left scrotum. "the same EXACT pain i had when I had my hernia" I was constipated for about 4 days. after 4 days I was ok using restroom. I have to use it now however I have pain in scrotum and scared to use any muscles cause it feels like something will bust out of my testicles if I try pushing. Please help.