testicles
I'm 24 years old and I have a 5 yr old son. I recently got remarried and I have been trying to start a family but I can't because I got diagnosed with blood clog vessel in my left testicle I'm not producing enough sperm because my testicles isn't getting any oxygen. Can you please tell me what I can do to fix this problem
     How are you? Varicocele is an abnormal enlargement of the veins in the scrotum draining the testicles. Defective valves, or compression of the vein by a nearby structure, can cause dilatation of the veins near the testis, leading to the formation of a varicocele.
Due to varicocele there is stagnant venous blood around the testicle due to which there is no enough oxygen and the testicle is exposed to the toxins present in the venous blood for a long period. All these factors affect the production of sperm. It can present with dragging pain, heaviness etc.
A physical examination and ultrasound scrotum can confirm the diagnosis. Treatment involves varicocelectomy or embolization.
I would advise you to visit a urologist immediately, because there are chances of atrophy of the testicle due to long standing varicocele, which will not improve even after surgery.
All the best.