Aa
A
A
Close
testicular pain from cysts
MY dad is an elderly man, and it has recently been confirmed that he has cysts in his testicals which cause him pain and discomfort, he has been prescribed painkillers which dont really solve the problem.As the cysts were the soft the doctor said no to removing them, when i asked about the pain the doctor said they couldnt be coming from the cysts to which my dad insists it is.My question is, is the pain actually coming from the cysts and should i ask for another scan???
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi,
     Thanks for writing in. A spermatocele (epididymal cyst) is a sperm-filled cyst in the long, tightly coiled tube that lies above and behind each testicle (epididymis). It feels like a smooth, firm lump in the scrotum on top of the testicle. As part of the examination, your health professional will shine a light behind each testicle (transillumination) to check for solid masses that may be caused by other problems, such as cancer of the testicle.
Spermatoceles are not usually dangerous and are treated only when they cause pain or embarrassment or when they decrease the blood supply to the penis (rare). If the spermatocele gets larger or causes discomfort, a procedure to remove the spermatocele (spermatocelectomy) may be needed. Discuss with your urologist regarding this procedure and follow his advise.
Best.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank