Urology Community
testicular pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

testicular pain

Hi, I'm 18 yrs old right now and when i was 12 my friend accidentally kicked me at my testicles, after that my left testicle had swollen and doubled it size and i could remember it was very painful. Then days have passed the pain is gone but my testicle and scrotum had changed it appearance and its kinda not normal, and ever since for 7 years i constantly having like random pains (not very painful more on irritation and my left testicle is like kinda changing its position) at my testicles. I also having problem in finding a comfortable position while sleeping or even sitting.

I really didn't care about back then cause i was young but now it kinda bothers me cause i just realized it is not normal and i suspected that i had a testicular torsion back then and prolonged it for 7 years.

My questions:
Is this could be testicular torsion?

and if it is not torsion what could be?

is my case that serious?

How are you? Testicular pain can be due to many reasons like trauma, infection, varicocele, hydrocele, undescended testis and cancers. In your case as the history clearly suggests incidence of trauma 7yrs back, it is phenomenal to experience pain.

Torsion of testis can occur in undescended testis and due to trauma. Torsion of testis can lead to insufficient blood supply to the testicles, there by hampering spermatogenesis and leading to sterility.

Varicocele can cause nagging pain. It occurs due to dilatation of the veins of testis,there by exposing the testicles to toxins in the blood for a long period of time.

Get an ultrasound of scrotum done and visit a urologist.
Take care.