Urology Community
thickbladder

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

thickbladder

What does the term thick bladder mean?  My doctor told me my CT showed this condition and he had me take a urine test I don't have the results yet.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
The wall of the urinary bladder should not be > 3 mm thick when distended and not > 5 mm thick when decompressed. The thickened wall could be due to the edema (swelling) of the wall which can happen due to the inflammation (cystitis) or the thickening could be due to the deposition of urinary sediments on the walls of the bladder. These are the 2 commonest causes. Please discuss the same with your treating physician. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.
I think I am having problems with my bladder, I have been on Cypro due to UTI on and off for a year. The med does not help. I am okay during the day, it is at night. I don't drink anything after 6:00pm. I have to get up and urinate at 11:00 adat 4:00, my bladder is full both times. I have been to a urologist and told him about this and he says nothing and gives me Cypro. I think when I lay down it does something to my bladder? Could that be.
Thank you,
Katherine
PS I had a hip replaced Oct 25th and have had problems since then.