thickening of bladder wall and weight loss
My father is 82 yrs old and has parkinsons disease.  On Aug. 2 they placed a second stent in his heart and due to the trauma of the procedures his parkinsons is in high gear.  He spent almost the whole month of Aug, in hospital for heart related issues and a uti.  After the uti stay I finally got the results of all the blood work and discharge summary from the doctor which stated he had thickening of bladder wall.  When he went into hospital on Aug. 2 he weighed 147lbs. now he weighs 135lbs.  I am not sure if I trust the cysto they perfromed today but they have shceduled him for a ultrasound of the kidneys and bladder as he has also got multiple kidney stones...we are also fighting to get him into gi to do colonoscopy which could be ther "root of all evil" but in any case should I be concerned and go for a second opinion on the urologist report, as he is also battling another uti or something which they are culturing.  Thanks for any help here!!!!!!!!!!
Hi there!

It would be difficult to comment specifically on the situation without knowing the relevant clinical details. Most possibly the urologist would be correct with the diagnosis/ management, though you could consider a second opinion from another urologist as well.

Take care!