Urology Expert Forum
tight scrotum tissue

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

tight scrotum tissue

I like to think that I am a generally healthy male of 47, although my endocrinologist has discovered that I have a low level of dihydrotestosterone.
My problem is as follows. My testes have been measured at 20 and 25ml, which is considered to be 'regular'. What bothers me is that my scrotum tissue is extremely tight, which makes as if I have almost no scrotum at all, undermining my sense of masculinity. At times this may be very hurtful, not only when I am exercising or in water, but already under perfectly normal circumstances. Only in extreme hot situations (bath) will my testes hang free. Is there a way to loosen the tissue and to reduce the natural reflex of the scrotum to retract?
I have already visited a urologist and he considered my scrotum as regular and could not give me any advise how to loosen the skin, so that - at least from a esthetic point of view - I would look more like a normal man.
Tough to say without examination.  It can certainly be within the realm of normal variation.  To determine if there is an anatomical abnormality, you can consider a scrotal ultrasound - which will also determine if the vasculature is ok.  

If everything is well urologically, you can consider the services of a plastic surgeon if the way it looks continues to be a concern.

These options can be discussed with your personal physician.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
Medical Weblog:
kevinmd_b
0