Urology Expert Forum
tingling scotum

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

tingling scotum
hello dr.

i was diagnoised with ebv mono last year. i still have during this time ive had all kinds of lmph node swelling and skin problems. but now since march i have a tingle in my scrotum and buttock burning the happens every other day. it started after a unproted oral sex encounter. i have been checked for all stds negative. ive gone to 4 different doctors and no answers. the tingle comes every few minutes for 5 seconds then goes away . ive been on the ebstein barr forums alot
and meeting people with the same issues minus.scrotum tingling.

could this be a nerve?  anxiety? back in november whhen my mono was really bad had terrible testicle pain ut no swelling i dont know what to do

I do not understand your scrotal/buttock discomforts in relation to the e-b virus infection. I did not find a reference to this in my literature search. Certainly anxiety may play a significant role in this and in the absence of an infectious disease specialist's ability to tie the infection to these symptoms, I think that this would be the explantion.Your inguinal swelling does concern me also and I think adds further reason to see such a specialist.
Good luck!
S.A.Liroff, M.D
i also have groin swelling everyday since ive had mono . could thst have anything to do with it?
thanks for the replay doc. out of the 4 doctors 2 of them were id specialist. again no help and they said groin swelling is normal with ebv. my regual md said my tingling is a nerve problem. all docs said there is no cure im fine and say go home .