tingling scotum
hello dr.

i was diagnoised with ebv mono last year. i still have during this time ive had all kinds of lmph node swelling and skin problems. but now since march i have a tingle in my scrotum and buttock burning the happens every other day. it started after a unproted oral sex encounter. i have been checked for all stds negative. ive gone to 4 different doctors and no answers. the tingle comes every few minutes for 5 seconds then goes away . ive been on the ebstein barr forums alot
and meeting people with the same issues minus.scrotum tingling.

could this be a nerve?  anxiety? back in november whhen my mono was really bad had terrible testicle pain ut no swelling i dont know what to do

I do not understand your scrotal/buttock discomforts in relation to the e-b virus infection. I did not find a reference to this in my literature search. Certainly anxiety may play a significant role in this and in the absence of an infectious disease specialist's ability to tie the infection to these symptoms, I think that this would be the explantion.Your inguinal swelling does concern me also and I think adds further reason to see such a specialist.
Good luck!
S.A.Liroff, M.D
i also have groin swelling everyday since ive had mono . could thst have anything to do with it?
thanks for the replay doc. out of the 4 doctors 2 of them were id specialist. again no help and they said groin swelling is normal with ebv. my regual md said my tingling is a nerve problem. all docs said there is no cure im fine and say go home .