Urology Community
tiny black spot in tip of penis / urethra

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

hi,
every now and then i notice i tiny black spot in the tip of my urethral opening. the black spot is the size of a pin head, and does slightly protrude the sirface, aswell as appearing to create a cavity into the skin. it knida of looks like a tiny mole i spose.
i have managed to pick one of before, it came off, but left a cavity whre it had been. and now a little while after another one has appeared in a difference place
i have no other pain and i am curcumcised if it makes any difference.
i have had un protected sex before, but not very regularly

but does anyone know what these tiny black spots are??? or if they are harmfull???
I've been having a very similar problem.  Tiny black spots/specks of something, appearing at the tip of the urethra or near it.  They come off when scraped at with fingernail, and there's no pain, but it has me kind of paranoid.  Does anyone have any more information?
yeah me too....i just noticed it today, i am a fairly sexual active male, but always wore a condom, its on the side of my penis, not on the tip, its only one small black dot.... but i just dont know what it is
Same here...had them for years. Only occasionally do they become irritated, but when I pick them off they always come back. I've had them since I was probably 19 or so, and for the last 4.5 years (since age 20) I've been sexually monogamous. Never presented symptoms of herpes or any other STD but I wonder what the hell these things are...if anyone comes up with something please share!
I have a very small pen speck, and I've scraped it before, and blood came out, almost like I hit a vein, are something. It stops after aplying pressure, but never goes away, and is slightly raised, almost like a mole, or smal, very small, pen sized red spot. I have nothing nowhere else, and I have noticed it for years. What the hell is it??????? I've been with 2 woman in the last 15 years, and have never cheated with anyone, so I know it couldn't be an std, but what in the hell is it? When I have scraped it 2 times, it bleeds, and comes out like I hit an artery. Please help me, I'm kind of freaked out by it, but its been there as long as I can remember. It is located just to the left of my opening, and again, is small as a pen niddle, and is redish color.
Hi did you ever find what the spot was please let me no thank you
I am 19 and have a tiny protruding black dot on the head of my penis. I noticed it a couple of weeks ago and didn't think anything of it until a few days ago when I was masturbating it started to bleed. I haven't masturbated since and am afraid too. It doesn't hurt. I have had protected sex once, over a year ago so I don't think it is an STD. I am very worried.