Urology Community
torn meatus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

torn meatus

hello,
i have mild hypospadias so my meatus is on the underside of my glans (glands). it extends from the tip of my penis to my frenulum. after years of sex and masterbation (masturbation), my meatus is ripping upwards, from the tip of my penis. my hole has gotten wider and stays open. it is uncomfortable and bad looking. are there any repairs? would it be as easy as stitches or tissue adhesive? also, what are the risks of repair?
Avatar dr m tn
If the urethral meatus and frenulum are torn, then the only answer to their treatment is by means of surgery which should be done by a good urosurgeon or plastic surgeon. It can be done by urethroplasty which ivolves removal and end-to-end anastomosis for shorter strictures or grafting using buccal mucosa for longer ones.My sincere advice would be to consult them at the earliest.

I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.