Urology Expert Forum
twin uologic issues

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

twin uologic issues

I have a couple of related questions. I am 56 , but have not dealt with these problems with past marriage directly. Now that I am in a steady relationship with a new girlfriend, she and I have noted these things:

1) Shape of penis on erection. It is not up and down. Rather more horizontal and also slightly bent. (Even non erect, inside clothes, it tends to point down). I went to an elderly urologist here in Osaka and he just said it looked ok. But it was not an erect penis so I thing it was not a correct evaluation. In fact, penetration has always been difficult due to the angle of the erection. Failure leads to anxiety, and the vicious cycle begins. The urologist prescribed viagra and it seems to help maintain the erection, but still  penetration is not ideal  if partner is below me, since if I enter, then the penis must bend upwards to go deeper into the vagina.  

2) 15 years ago diagnosed with low sperm count and motility-almost zero. And examination of testicles hurt.  To this day, touching from below the scrotum is not usually painful, but from sides can be. Same if underwear gets twisted or tight. Sometimes I think it is psychosomatic, sometimes even if I touch, it can hurt.  Dr at time said testicles were small (maybe accounting for low sperm count. But I always wonder why it hurts and it also interferes with lovemaking.

thanks!
The bend in your penis when erect, if present since childhood, is called “chordee” and is surgically correctable. If this bend has only been present for several years, it probably is a variant of peyronies disease. There are many treatments for this but surgery is the most reliable when the  bend is downwards. A penile stretching device may be helpful, but the data on this form of treatment are very limited at this time. Choosing a rear entry sexual position will help with your difficulty/discomfort with sexual activity.
Mumps with testicular involvement in the course of your lifetime can leave you with tender testes forever. Other than that, I cannot account for your pain and do not see it as physically related to your evaluation. I see patients with varying discomfort upon examination. Seems as though people have varying levels of pain when their scrotum are touched.
S.A.Liroff, M.D
Thank you.  I think it has always been there.  Interestingly, I always assumed I was normal.  NEver compared myself to others and just thought pictures in mags or the internet were fakes or just flukes. Now I see I have been pretty unaware of what I should be. GD DID say penis and testicles are small, though circumference is big, which causes HER pain.

Did not question the bend....As far as the discomfort, it  can come even when walking or removing clothes.  I was once told by my mother that I did not have mumps, just the other illnesses like measles and chicken pocks. But who knows.  Maybe I should just gp to another urological clinic to confirm what i can do...whether chordee or peyronies. And to see if I can get an understanding of what causes the pain. It comes even IF not in a sexual situation, so it seems like NOT psycho somatic, though again not sure. Just teh fear I MIGHT feel pain makes me cringe.

thank you