type of doctor to do cystocele/rectocele repair?
Does a urologist or gynecologist do cystocele and/or rectocele repairs? Which one does more of these and are they successful? I have 'no pain' just a large bulge from the vaginal area that goes 'in' when I sit and lie down. It only gets uncomfortable at times when I've had to strain during a b/m or have been on my feet alot and then go to sit down. The pressure it gets going back in causes the discomfort. It doesn't last long, just until it does go in. I'm 71 and in good health and wonder if leaving it alone is better than all you go thru for a repair procedure. thanks.
yanksgirl

It would be best to consult a urologist - urosurgery specialist for the symptoms you are having.

It would be advisable to get a clinical evaluation and discuss with your doctor about the advantages and disadvantages of the procedure in your case before going ahead with it.

Regards.
I wondered if there have been improvements in the repair process, since so many seem to have problems afterward or have to have the procedure or another one done. I really can live with it for now, but am needing information and advise prior to making a decision. Thank you for your comments.
yanksgirl

It would be best to get a complete clinical evaluation done and discuss the options available in your case.

This would help you clarify and doubts that you have and also you would be familiar with the doctor and the procedure details.

Regards.
Hello Yanks girl please look up the FDA website for transvaginal mesh complications and educate yourself we as individuals are our own advocates. there is also a website :  http://www.truthinmedicine.us.com/home.html
This will give you a little more information to look at and decide about a pessary. I have one and it has helped tremendously.  Some patients have used them for 10-15 years.  
Hello take a look at the FDA website and search for transvaginal mesh update.  also There is a website that discusses the mesh issue and REAL women that have been harmed and had to have the mesh removed through several surgeries.  website: http://www.truthinmedicine.us.com/home.html

I hope this helps I have been doing research on this ever since I was told I needed a rectocele and cystocele along with a hysterectomy.  It devastated me and I value my health I am only 55 but feel that the doctors are looking for a way to keep their practice by performing operations with the mesh and making statements that they would not do anything to me that they would not do to their own wife, mother, sister or any family member.  After doing the research I have no trust in them.
Please take a look
N