Urology Community
uncircumsized yeast infection

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

uncircumsized yeast infection

Sorry, this is a bit of a long story so bear with me here.

I am 29 year old male and uncircumsized.  About a little over a year ago, I got a yeast infection from a girlfriend i had. I went to urologist, and he prescribed a cream.  Well, it cleared it, but when i stopped using it, it returned. This kept happening over a period of a few months.  So i went to a dermatologist, and he said i had psoriasis.  And said that the cream the urologist gave me was too strong and had caused thinning of the skin because of prolonged use of the cream. so he gave me another cream.  Well, same thing, cleared it , but when i stopped using it, it returned. This continued for about 6 months.  Well, I went to another dermatologist, turns out it was yeast.  And she and another dermatologist she worked with looked at it, because at this point it had flared up very badly again. She gave me another type of cream, same thing happened.  So finally she gave a little pink pill( that women commonly use to cure yeast infections) and it finally went away.

So now over a year later after being in re-mission for 3-4 months, it has flared up bad again.  but theres more to the story...

During all this, The yeast traveled up my urinary tract and gave me a urinary/prostate infection.  I know this because My testicles became very hot and uncomfortable one day.And I had the sensation i need to urinate when i didnt. And i went to another urologist and he told me this.  So he gave me a bunch of anti-biotics which cured it.  Also, I went with long periods of not ejaculating because it would irritate the problem. He told me that men need to ejaculate 2-3 times a week.  So between the infection and not ejaculating, it got the urinary/prostate infection.

I am certain this is yeast problem.  Candidiasis or thrush.  I have done a lot of research since this happened.  Also, since this happened, theres a little red spot about the size of a pen tip right on the opening of the penis that never goes away, and it was never there before.

i have not had sex in 5 months. I clean my penis 2-3 times a day.  Dont drink alchohol, eat well etc.

I noticed when i retract the foreskin, the redness and irritation gets lighter in color almost instantly. I think that getting circumsized may be the only answer.

any help would be great.