ureter repair
Had hyster in April.  The doctor knicked my ureter.  In May, had a stent put in for 40 days then removed.  In September, had IVP X-Ray that showed left kidney not functioning well at all.  In Oct, the doctor tried a balloon-type procedure that did not work and then put another stent in for 4 days.  Could not stand this stent-very bothersome.  On Nov 12, had another IVP X-Ray which showed left kidney next to not working at all.  He now wants to do surgery on Dec 3 to repair the ureter.  He says that scar tissue is closing off the ureter which is causing the kidney not to function.  The procedure he is going to do is to cut the ureter and reattach it to my bladder-the damage is low enough to do this apparently.  With what I have told you, would you agree with this course of action and is the only way to fix this problem through invasive surgery with an incision?
i too had a hyster. in january 2008. after having a problem they found that my urether had been knicked also. had a stent put in february 2008 then just had it removed tuesday. they said it did not repair the ureter. i now have to schedule surgery. i was having problems with pains in my back (urine backing up in my kidney)  right side. that is now gone. i had a pelvic mass removed (non cancerous) on my right side. please let me know how you made out. thanks!
I don't know if you will get this or not since it is now 2011. I have the same issue and researching to see what my options are. The bladder was cut during the laproscopic surgery resulting in an abdominal incesion to repair. To add insult to injury the left ureter was sutured damaging the left kidney. Two surgeries later with stint and then balloon and stint the blockage remains and they want to cut damage portion of ureter and reattach to bladder.  Worst part about it I've come to learn i didn't need the hyster at all. Talk about a string a unfortunate events.  At any rate anyone that can chime in that has gone through the ureter surgery I'd greatlly appreciate your feedback.