Urology Expert Forum
ureter stent size and sex
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

ureter stent size and sex

my husband just had a procedure done for stone removel (removal).they left a stent in him for four days.will be removed by pulling a string left hanging out of his penis.the procedure was a ureteroscopy  laser ablayion of stone(distal).my question is can he have sex with the stent in place? what does this stent look like(size and shape).the dr said he could remove it himself if he wanted.or go to dr to have it done.i believe we can do it but i'm not sure on how to do it.
Related Discussions
233190_tn?1278553401
If there is any doubt, I would confer with your urologist.  A loose stent can cause some anatomical damage if removed incorrectly, so I would leave the complete removal of the stent to the urologist - especially if you aren't sure how to do it.  

Regarding sex, I cannot comment on this without examination.  I would ask your husband's urologist about this.  

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
0 Comments
Blank
A related discussion, no erection was started.
Blank
A related discussion, How soon can I have sex after a stent removal was started.
Blank
Blank
I just had my ostentatious removed by my urologist yesterday,  I do not recommend doing this yourself because u can cause servitude of pain in ur penis.  It only takes about two minutes and is the worst feeling u have ever felt.. and once the stent is out all 14" of it ur penis will burn and drip out blood for around 30-45 minutes!  But once its out and the pain stops u feel almost "normal" again!  Just think no matter what the pain from the stent is about half of the kidney stone pain!!!!!  I was told to wait. 1-2 weeks before having sex or when the pain null and my urine is clear.  But I couldn't wait and had oral sex with my wife today and wish I did wait.  My *** was so painful and was full of blood and clots and it was like a water hose that wouldn't shut off. 2 gallons later my testicles are sore and the pain wont go away.  Does anyone know how to fix this.. I am still slowly jizzing and the perks 10s are not helping!!!!
Blank
A related discussion, Sex after kidney stone removal was started.
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
351246_tn?1379685732
Dr. Kokil MathurBlank
Consultant
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker