Urology Community
urethral stents

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

urethral stents

if a stent has been placed temporarily in bladder area after kidney transplant, is it safe to have sex and 4  to 6 weeks after surgery?

Generally there are no restrictions on sex life due to the presence of a stent. However, the presence of a stent may have an effect on the sexual desire.

Also there should be any concerns about sexual intercourse causing any kind of harm to the transplanted kidney.

However, I would advise you to consult your doctor on this, who is better aware of your history and the position of the stent.

Regards

I am getting a urethral stent put in tomorrow morning to help with the removal of a kidney stone.  Will it still be possible to be sexually active after the stent is placed?