Urology Community
urethral stricture pediatric - female

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

urethral stricture pediatric - female

I was born with urethral stricture.  I'm a female, now in my mid-40s.  At age 6 I underwent "exploratory surgery" for what was then an unknown condition.  My bladder would demand to let loose, and I would kneel down, one knee pressing against my crotch, waiting until the urge had passed, then race to the bathroom.  I outgrew the condition.  During those spells, I was like a zombie - I could hear people talking to me, but I couldn't reply.  A urologist told me that the exploratory surgery was prob urethral dilation.  This doesn't seem to make sense.  Urine was flowing hard and fast.  It wasn't that I was unable to pass urine, it was that I was unable to stop it from flowing.  Even the actual medical records reveal very little of what was done to me.  The exploratory did NOT solve the problem.  Any ideas on what was done?