urethroplasty post op five plus years?
I see many posts for people that have had this surgery. Some positive some negative. Almost all of them are telling of their stories from pre-op to 6 weeks post op. I would like to hear from those of you that have posted and or have had the surgery at least 2-10 years ago.

I was first diagnosed around 1984 28 years ago and have had several procedures. I am considering urethroplasty. My stricture is 3-4 cm long. After other procedures my flow was always very good and after time slowly got worse requiring  another procedure. So when i hear how great the surgery is that you are peeing better than ever it does not impress me because the surgery was just completed and things haven't settled down. i would like to from those same people years later are you still symptom free?

if not how long did it last before you need another procedure?
Hi there!

Well, urethoplasty is an excellent procedure to be considered if suggested by your treating urologist. The rates of success are variable depending on the primary cause, type of urethroplasty, presence or absence of complications, scar/ stricture formation etc. It usually works quite well over long term in most patients, success rates being usually between 75-95%, though it would be best to discuss the situation and the expected prognosis in detail with your treating urologist.
Hope this information is helpful.

Take care!