Urology Expert Forum
urge incontinence

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

urge incontinence

I'm a 28 yrs. old female with no children. I had always an urge to go to the bathroom since I was borned. Until I was 18 yrs. old I bedwett at night.
  The problem I have now is the urge to go to the bathroom and I leak somo urine if I don't hurry up.
  The doctor want's to perform a cystometrogram, an I.V.P. and a cystoscopy with urethral calibration, he think I may have obstructure to voiding.
  Can you tell me what is the last procedure, (the urethral calibration). does it hurt?, would I need anesthesia?, and how is it performed.
  Thnks a lot!!!!

_
Dear Maria,
It is very likely that you have urge incontinence that was present from your childhood.  I think you need to make sure that you don