urge to urinate but can't and burning after
I want to know why I woke up with the constant urge to urinate and after I finish it still burns and I feel extremely uncomfortable. I did have intercourse with my boyfriend 2 days ago but most of the time this feeling does not ever happen. Why is this happening and what can I do for the pain?
Definately sounds like Urinary tract infection. The symptoms you are describing are the main symptoms of a UTI. Could also be STD. You definately need to get tested because symptoms will continue to worsen until treated. Next will be fever and nausea. Than cramping from mild to severe. Best thing to do is lots of clear fluids. If you wait to long to seek treatment of UTI it could develop into kidney infection and this can cause more severe complications. If testing is positive for make sure your boyfriend receives treatment even if he is not showing any symptoms. Otherwise you risk continuing to pass it back and forth, becoming a vicious cycle.

Most UTI's come from the rectal area so make sure to stay clean and dry in both areas. Always finish antibiotics even if symptoms seem to have cleared. Last but not least if it is STD always blame other person. j/k

I have chronic urinary retention because of bladder surgery and have to self cath 3 times a day which means both UTIs and kidney infections are pretty common for me. I empathize with the pain and discomfort.

Hope this helps.
Based on your symptoms, urinary tract infection, urethritis and cystitis should be evaluated. The cause of most UTIs is bacteria that initially settle (colonise) around the urethra (urine tube), and then ascend into the rest of the urinary tract. Hence it is better to get a urine examination and urine culture done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.