urinary incontinence and adderal
I took a higher than usual dose (30 mg of Adderal XR) on Monday, and, although there were no real side effects, as it was wearing off (12 hours after I took the pill), I began to have problems with bladder control and leaking. My urine initially was concentrated yellow and burned, but I was most likely dehydrated, not having eaten anything or had much to drink.

Afterwards, and since then, I've been leaking on and off (mostly on), it being a clear liquid--I have taken a total of 50 mg since then (yesterday and today).

Is this my body adjusting to the higher dose? I can't find this as a side effect on any official site, but if I recall amphetamines activate the sympathetic nervous system which could probably relax my bladder. Does that mean it will adjust over time? I was thinking amybe similar to high stress (how people claim to '**** themselves' when frightened or excited), or the body trying to dispel the chemical?

I don't have time to see a doctor, as I have candidacy exams tomorrow,.
I am not aware of urinary symptoms being a common side effect.  

Infection would be a leading possibility of burning and urine discoloration.  Obtaining a urine sample would exclude this possibility.  

If negative, further urologic tests can evaluate bladder control.  This can include a cystoscopy and urodynamic studies.

These options can be discussed with a urologist.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Urologists in your area?