Urology Community
urinary tract infection

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

urinary tract infection

I have taken the azo urinary tract test twice and it came back positive for the nitrates and the luoko.....so I made a dr. appointment and they took a urine sample and said that everything looked fine, I was in disbelief, so they did a vaginal swab of some kind and it looked fine as well. Im still in disbelief, I have a really smelly urine still and I still have back and stomach irritability. I told the dr. I did not believe this and asked her what I should do. she says that if this continues I should go to the ER and be tested for kidney stones.?????? I dont know what to do. I have 3 small kids that are my world, and I feel like theres something wrong its scary. I have also bought some cranberry pills I took them for 3 days and then quit should I continue to take those or what?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
If the urine examination has come out normal, chances are less that you have a urinary tract infection. You can get a repeat complete urine examination and urine culture done. I agree with your doctor that it can be due to kidney stones or infection. Hence it is advisable to get a kidney profile and a kidney ultrasound done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.