Urology Expert Forum
urination during orgasm
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

urination during orgasm

Posted by chooch on June 04, 1999 at 11:32:16
i have noticed recently that during orgasm i release a small amount of urine as well. i am concerned that this may be a symptom of a larger problem. please let me know what you think. thank you

Posted by HFHS M.D.-CK on June 08, 1999 at 11:21:19

Dear Chooch,
Leakage of urine involuntarily is termed " urinary incontinence".  Leakage of urine occurs more easily when the bladder is on the full side.  If the bladder never empties, associated leakage is termed "overflow incontinence".  If the bladder contracts on its own "urge incontinence" is labeled.  Leakage with coughing, sneezing, laughing, or thrusting during intercourse would be termed "stress urinary incontinence".  Leakage of urine associated with orgasm in women may be associated with an uninhibited bladder contraction or relaxation of the bladder neck.
A first step would be to try to empty the bladder prior to sexual activity.  If leakage with orgasm persists, you may want to be evaluated by the urologist.  After a physical examination and urinalysis, a medication to relax the bladder and, or tighten the bladder neck may be tried.
This information is provided for general medical information purposes only. Please consult  your physician for diagnostic and treatment options pertaining to your specific medical condition. More individualized care is available through our department at the Henry Ford Hospital  and its suburban locations (I-800-653-6568).
Sincerely;
HFHS M.D.-CK
  * Keyword: incontinence, orgasm