urine analysis protien positive

i am 30 year old male and recovering after appendectomy 3 weeks back.yesterday i went for medical exam for visa work where dr told me protien presence in my urine is postive in urine analysis report .he said i should consult specialist but when i told him that i  had an open surgery for appendicitis he said this might be the reason and i  should  wait 1 month more and do urine analysis again if again positive consult specialist afterwords.

My question is presence of protien in urine is due to surgery or not and should i consult my surgeon or specialist immediately.

thanks

IJQ
    How are you? The presence of protein in urine (proteinuria) is due to failure of kidney to filter the body fluids. This can occur due to infections to the kidney, hypertension, diabetes, autoimmune diseases, nephrotic syndrome etc. Although a single measure of protein in a urine sample has less significance. I would suggest that you get a 24 hour urine collection and estimation of protein in that. This is a reliable method to assess the condition.
Due to surgery, there is no chance of having proteinuria. It would be better to consult a nephrologist in this regard.
Best.

I got +1 protein is this significant.should i consult nephrologist immediately.
i have no protein trace before surgery ever in my life.i have given so many samples even 1 one before surgery but all reports were normal.Do you it has some thing to do with surgery ? post surgery complication? please comment
     Thanks for writing in. There is no chance of developing proteinuria after surgery. In some cases proteinuria may be present before surgery in case of appendicitis. In case there has been urinary tract infection during this period, this could be the cause for proteinuria. I would suggest that you get a workup done for this for early initiation of treatment.
Best.