urine test results
Hi,I was wondering if someone knows what the results mean. I had a urine test done before and they wanted me to repeat it because they found RBC's in my urine. I had the other test done today and this is what they found: Leukocytes(trace),ua hgb(1+),ketones(1+),and squam epi(many). I would appreciate any advice,thank you! I had the other test done before and nothing has changed except the red blood cells.
I don’t think there’s much to worry seeing your urinalysis report. Although, normally hemoglobin is not present in urine and its presence is an indicator of some underlying disease which needs to be looked into. RBC’s are also not normally present in urine and their presence is also an indication of some disease but sometimes they are present in urine in healthy individuals also. I’ll suggest you to consult a nephrologist and seek an opinion regarding the presence of hemoglobin in the urine. Common causes of the presence of hemoglobin in urine are acute nephritis, pyelonephritis,paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria etc.  Ketones can be present in urine due to undereating and nothing much to worry on that front. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.