Urology Community
urology

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

urology

what causes black specks in semen?
Avatar_dr_m_tn
Dark specks in semen are indicative of blood in semen. The closer the source of bleeding is, the brighter red the blood will be. So the farther away from the urethral opening the source of bleeding is, the darker it will become.
It can occur due to many conditions such as infections, swellings (inflammations), cysts, stones & other obstructive lesions, and benign or non-benign tumors of the organs of the genitourinary system (involving the bladder, urethra, the testicles, the seminal vesicles, the epididymis, the prostate gland etc). Investigations include blood tests, routine & culture tests of urine & semen, ultrasound & MRI scans of genitourinary system, and histopathological tests (FNAC, biopsy etc). You will need to consult your primary care physician for proper assessment.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Tiny calcium concretions. Don't worry, harmless.
Avatar_dr_m_tn

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Thank you for help and response to my question, it was very informative and will seek consult from my physician.     Sincerely.....Have a great day!!!