varicose veins on scrotum
For years I have had enlarged veins all over the outside of my scrotum. They tend to bulge in spots like a weak wall in a garden hose and rupture if irritated in any way. I have read about a vericocele which is a cluster of veins on the inside of the scrotum (which I can not detect in any way), but have yet to see the problem I am describing discussed, which involves vacose veins on the surface of the scrotum. What causes this problem and what can I do to correct this it.
It is difficult to say without examination.

A scrotal ultrasound can be obtained to determine if there are further enlarged veins within the scrotum.  The ultrasound can also determine if the surface veins are thrombosed.  

A surgical procedure can be considered to correct the symptoms.  If the ultrasound does not show significant disease, it may be possible that conservative therapy is appropriate.

I would have these symptoms looked at by a urologist.

Followup with your personal physician is essential.

This answer is not intended as and does not substitute for medical advice - the information presented is for patient education only. Please see your personal physician for further evaluation of your individual case.

Kevin, M.D.
kevinmd_b
0