Urology Community
what can cause this?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

what can cause this?

I discovered a non-itchy red mark on my foreskin.. it is flat and somewhat shiny, like the rest of my skin there.
It is a little uncomfortable, but I have had no discharge or any other symptoms.
After 24 hrs it had kind of begun to fade..
What could this be?
If the red skin is not itchy then it can be due to dermatitis skin as well. You need to get it examined from a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis. Treatment is diagnosis specific.
You should also maintain hygiene and try to keep the area clean and dry, wear loose-fitting cotton clothing. Also use an antibacterial soap or mild soap like dove. Avoid deodorant / cosmetics. You can also use calamine lotion or cream with zinc oxide paste applied directly to wet skin after bathing.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.