Urology Community
what is this penis irritation/burning?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

what is this penis irritation/burning?

About a month ago i started getting a irritating/burning sensation in the tip of my penis, whenever i went to urinate it was hesitant/delayed and stung, it also seemed to dribble for a short period after i urinate too. I went to the doctors and they said it could be UTI or inflammation of some sort, so they gave me a 1 week course of "trimethoprim", this didnt work. I went back to the doctors and this time they said it could be thrush so i was given anti-fungle cream and took the trush (thrush) pill, about the same time i started eating loads of raw garlic everyday for about a week and things seemed to improve after a while i was fine. this only lasted for about 3-4 days and now its coming back, i really dont know what it is, its irritating, painfull and im quite worried as to what it could be.

I am male 19-20 years of age and of a healthy size and weight.

Iv looked all over the internet and i cant seem to find much other than STD's, prostate issues, diabetics and UTI's (its definitely not an STD)

What could it be, please help ?
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms. Possibilities that may need to be considered include infections (resistant to the given antibiotics), inflammations, erosions, trauma/ injury etc. Ideally one should have run a urine culture and sensitivity test before prescribing antibiotics. I would suggest consulting a urologist for a detailed evaluation and suggestion of an appropriate management plan.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
Definitely get checked out for EVERYTHING -- STI's, various other infections, etc. Some dudes get irritation simply from dry skin, though -- if a more serious condition is ruled out, maybe try using a penis health cream to naturally moisturize the penis.