Urology Community
whats a diffrents between a epididymal cyst and a varicocele?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

I went to a doctor after i felt this lump on my left testicle tubes and my balls felt numb. she examined me and told me i was normal apart from i had a "epididymal cyst" explaining the lump. but as i looking into it online and what it seems it been discribed as like its a single lump. But mine feels more like "a bag of worms" much more like a "varicocele". so what im asking is whats the difference? and should i get it cheeked out again? The numbness (if thats a word) has gone but im just worried about it and losing sleep over this! please help. (i also feel less horny then normal)

-btw im 18 years old and have not had problems like this before if that helps.
If you didn't see a urologist yet, see a urologist.  A lot of general docs are not going to get these things exactly right.  I worked for a urologist.  
If you are feeling like a bag of worms then it can be due to varicocele. Varicocele may be diagnosed by elf-examination or during routine physical examination. A scrotal ultrasound will help more in clatifying the picture and you can get it done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

thanks for the advice, i went back and she explained the swollen tubes might be because there backed up and iv been given antibiotics and to come back next week to see if its better, if no change then a ultrasound may be used. i worried because i asked if it could be a  varicocele but she said she havnt ever heard of  that before.