Urology Community
where has my stent gone?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

where has my stent gone?

after removing kidney stones from my left kiney, astent was placed, when i submitted myself to stent removal post operation, the doctor found out the stent was gone, and according to him , *** was possible that it went wit the catheter ,when it was removed. i am worried still that the stent might have migrated to other parts of my body. please , assure me its true.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
It is quite unlikely for a stent to move to other parts of the body. It must have come out with the catheter. To confirm the diagnosis, you can get an ultrasound or a CT scan abdomen done while will clear the position of the stent whether it is present inside the body (less likely) or has come out with catheter.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.

thanks to your reply. i had KUB xray done and no stent was visible. plus urinalysis result is ok. thanks again.