Urology Expert Forum
which type of suspension is better
About This Forum:

Questions in the Urology forum are answered by medical professionals at Healthcare Magic. Topics covered include benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, kidney stones, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections (UTI), and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

which type of suspension is better

I am going in for surgery on November 12th for a hysterectomy and bladder suspension, I also have had Interstitial cystitis for about seven years. My question is that I just was in the hospital for some test on my bladder and when the doctor that is to perform the suspension told me my options he said he was going to be at the surgery to just put a couple of stitches in to hold my bladder up. He also said that the procedure could make my interstitial cystitis worse, but would not give a answer as to why. can you tell me why? The thing that makes me confussed is that when the surgeries where originally schedule my O.B Gyne wanted me to switch to his partner because he said the doctor I was seeing does not perform the surgery he thought I needed. so I changed to his partner and then they called me back and said to switch it back to the original doctor. This was all before my first visit, so it was still unclear which percedure I would need. So after the procedure to figure out what I was going to need the doctor said he would put a couple of stitches in our I could wait and have his partner do the suspension where they take a ligement to hold it up at a later date because  he is not availibel at the time of my surgery. When I asked which was the best way he wouldnt give me a direct answer. So I am very confused first does it make I.C worse and why ? And it is major surgery I dont want to be back in surgery at a later date. And If his partner does the more complecated surgery why didnt I keep My appointment with him? Im sorry if this sounds confusing but I am very confused. By the way he was not going to perform any test on me and told me that I did not have a prolapse and leakage of urine, He ran the test because my o.b called and told him he needed to. And I do have all of the above. Please help.