Urology Community
white discharge from circumcised penis

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

white discharge from circumcised penis

my son is 11 months old i took him to his doctor a few months ago to ask about the white discharge you see when you pull the skin back she said it was a yeast infection and gave him a antibiotic cream. it never fully went away and now its back worse than ever and he also has little red bumps all around the area. he has a doctors appt tomorrow but i am wondering if i should take him to the er today? he seems to be in some discomfort im not sure if its because of his allergies bothering him or pain from his penis.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
It is not advisable to pull back the foreskin in such young children as it can precipitate peyronie’s disease. The symptoms that you have described sound like balanoposthitis.

Keep the head of your son's penis and foreskin as clean as possible, and try not to useanything that might irritate the area, such as soap or detergent. Clean the area with a weak saline solution and Depending on what has caused your son's balanitis, he will be prescribed either antifungal cream, antibiotics or a mild
steroid cream. For this you need to consult his pediatrician.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.