Urology Community
white layer on penis
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

white layer on penis

dr. inoticed a white layer on my penis under foreskin
i washed it with water and soap, i then goes off
but after 10-15 days it comes back.
i didnt feel any irritation, but it looks so odd that i m worried about it
please tell is there any problem if any,
if yes, then please give solution to this problem?????????

This discussion is related to White colour layer.
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
647273_tn?1292094741
Hi,

I'm not a doctor but believe that you have developed balanitis. Only by being seen by a doctor can this be diagnosed correctly.

I'm not to preach on hygiene but you should wash your penis daily. After urination try to dry your penis off with toilet paper or some other paper towel. Retract the foreskin prior to urination. Try to keep the glans (glands) as dry as possible. When you wash your penis, just use water and avoid the use of soap or anything else that ca irritate the skin.

Consult with a doctor, only they can diagnose it by seeying you. In the case of balanitis they most likely will prescribe a steroid cream.

All the best.

Ron
Blank
Hello,
It can be due to smegma accumulation on the penis or balanitis penis. Oral course of antibiotics is needed. In addition, please don’t use any cosmetics on the penis, instead use some topical antimicrobials like Bacitracin or Lotrimin. Also corticosteroids and topical immunosuppressants can be used but they are available under prescription. Also retract the foreskin daily and soak in warm water to clean penis and foreskin. In case the symptoms persist then please consult a urologist/dermatologist for evaluation and antimicrobials and steroids prescription.

Hope it helps. Take care and regards.

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Urology Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank