Urology Community
why do i have blood and blood clots in my urine after ejaculation?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to urology issues, benign prostate disease, penis curvature, cystisis, pediatric urology, prostate, sexual dysfunction and urological cancers.

im a 24 year old male.
last 2009, my partner and i were foreplaying. i've tried to insert my penis, but it was a struggle for me since hers was tight. at that time, we tried to do it standing so the pressure was on me. after the act,i have ejaculated and released clear fluid. minutes after, i felt the urge of urinating but to my surprise, blood came out together with my urine. there were blood clots which blocked the passage of urine so i always felt unsatisfied whenever i urinate. there were times when i really had the urge but couldnt get it out because something was blocking it. until i got to release the big clot that was blocking my urine by doing the valsalva maneuver (the act of pushing when pooping). i tried to let it heal and i didnt have sex nor masturbate for 2 weeks. after that, everything went back to normal.

last 2010, again, we were foreplaying. we dry humped but i cut the excitement because i felt like urinating. so i headed to the urinal and it happened again. blood clots were present in my urine and i didnt get to release everything. there is urgency but im not satisfied when i urinate. i got alarmed because i felt that my prostate was aching. it was really uncomfortable so i visited a urologist. he performed a dre and said that i have an enlarged prostate, due to the infection. he diagnosed me with UTI and gave me a prescription. i followed the regimen for a month and stopped the medication as instructed by the physician. im not convinced of having uti because aside from bleeding, i dont have any other symptoms of uti.

on the same year, it happened again while dry humping. (personally i dont think it came from dry humping. other people do that but they dont bleed afterwards.) i was really confused. so i visited the urologist again. this time, he made me take the medication for 6 months. the symptoms disappeared. it may have healed, though im still confused from where it came from and why im bleeding. my urologist diagnosed me with prostatitis. but then again, im not convinced with the diagnosis. and he couldnt explain clearly where the blood and the blood clots come from.

last week, it happened again. . i was getting excited and went with the flow of the moment. i dry humped my partner as foreplay. seriously, i didnt think all of this happened because of dry humping, so i repeated it. but then again, it always comes out after doing it. is it coincidence? now, im trying to figure out where it comes from? the prostate? how? why? another thing that i have noticed, once i remove the clot which blocks the urine, everything becomes fine. but when my penis gets hard due to cold weather or upon waking up, i notice that the clots and blood return when i urinate. why is this happening?
i have searched the net and havent found any article similar to my case. my urologist doesnt convince me with his diagnosis. please help me. i need an answer.
Avatar_dr_m_tn
The symptoms that you are having are not normal but I agree with your urologist because prostate causes are the first possibility for such blood clots after ejaculation. Other possibilities are infections like herpes,Chlamydia,cytomegalovirus,trichominiasis ; inflammation of the prostate (prostatitis), epididymis (epididymitis), or urethra (urethritis) ; calculi (stones )in the seminal vesicles or prostate ; polyps in the urethra ; ejaculation-duct obstructions ; cysts, hemorrhage, or other abnormalities in the seminal vesicles ; benign or malignant tumors of the prostate, bladder, testes, or seminal vesicles.

Diagnosed by physical examination and investigations like urinalysis, semen analysis and ultrasound and MRI. Treatment will depend on the diagnosis.

I hope it helps. Take care and regards.
what could i do to prevent this from happening?
what are the remedies i could rely on to stop the bleeding and prevent clot formation?
how long does it usually take before an internal wound heals?
How can you say that you haven't found anything on the net?

look at this: http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Undiagnosed-Symptoms/blood-in-sperm-and-in-urine-after-ejaculation/
thank you very much for sharing that link! that was the first similar article ive found exactly the same as what i am experiencing. when i search the net, its doesnt exactly give me what i want to know. it doesnt have all the symptoms i am experiencing. now,i know that its not only me who's experiencing this. that im not alone and the first one to have this. thank you very much! if you see articles similar to my case, please let me know. to make me have peace of mind, i want to know the ff:
1. my diagnosis.
2. where does the blood come from? my prostate? seminal vesicle? epidydymis?
3. why are there blood clots?
4. worst comes to worst, do i ave anything to worry about?
5. wat can i do to prevent this from recurring?
6. how long does this take to heal?
please, if anyone reads this, please give me an answer, thank you!
Look I had this same problem, If you have not yet go to the er . I had no choice as mine got worse over time. The end result was a bladder cancer diagnosis and nit could have been caght early but I did as you and waited and then it turned into muscle invasive bladder cancer which is much more dangerous and now I have a tube in my left kidney just for it to function and am under going chemo as well as looking at bladder removal sugery after that and another round of chemo then it still may cost my life. take blood in your urine seriously and ask the hard questions when you go to the er because they didn't look for it until I asked if it was a posibility. get help now please
I'm having the same problem that started a couple of weeks ago and as soon as get an erection,i feel the need to go to for a pee that'll result into passing blood and small clots until yesterday 27/02/2013,i ended up passing 2 clots 2 inchew wide each and a 3rd one that stopped my wee from passing until my body took over and decided to go for a poo and passed the third clot which i certainly felt,as it hurt like hell! I Still do not know what the problem is yet as i havent been to the ER as here in the Uk They can be a waste of time.I'll wait till i give a urine test to my Girlfriends GP and then see what the next step is!
I to had this problem doctor did a cat scan and I had an enlarged prostate put me on finastride to shrink it said that because of enlargement during long periods of sex blood vessels would pop due to thinning and stretching of vessels blood has not been as frequent as in the beginning  3 months ago seems to be getting better have only seen blood twice this month before it was almost every day after sleeping I'm assuming because of arousal the to times I did see it was because of longer sex session seems like if I get it done in 4 minutes there are no issues but if I go longer pressure will eventually burst blood vessel on prostate  but medicine is helping because I had blood all the time in the beginning
I've had this problem on and off again for over 40 years. There are a few things I recommend. Make  sure your Uro does a complete examination of the area. (Ultrasound, bladder check etc.) If everything looks normal, then ask to be put on Proscar, which takes a few months to kick in.
I also take a tablet of Vitamin K supplement, which can help the bleeding, I believe. Other than that, hold tight, because it is very difficult to diagnose and very iffy to cure. You might also consider treating your anxiety. Hope you get better. It can take a toll on your sex life, but it can be managed.
Was your bleeding enormous amounts of blood